car future?

Anything goes, mostly! :D
AJpetee

car future?

Post by AJpetee » July 22nd, 2013, 8:51 pm

Ive been taking some study into some future technologies and now that im in a diff state im seeing more of them anyways topic for the thred is: electronic cars: when will you get one, gas stations no longer existing?, world advancements gone bad? Etc post ur thoughts here
For every actionthere is reaction
Once the pin is pulled you get to watch it all disappear enjoy...

x_Kyle

Re: car future?

Post by x_Kyle » July 23rd, 2013, 8:34 am

NEVER!!!

rocky1138

Post by rocky1138 » July 23rd, 2013, 11:23 am

Can't come soon enough, to be honest. Though I'd rather streetcars.

AJpetee

Post by AJpetee » July 23rd, 2013, 11:40 am

Well ive been studying them for a while they are appearing everywhere titled "Tesla" brand. They look like the Honda accord, yet they have no engine inside it. It travels 300 miles wthout a recharge, more than my own car can, and the battery isn't even huge or anything...

x_Kyle

Post by x_Kyle » July 23rd, 2013, 12:23 pm

Takes too long to charge and me being a car person I would miss the nice sounding engines.

rocky1138

Post by rocky1138 » July 23rd, 2013, 12:51 pm

I own a car. It's expensive.

AJpetee

Post by AJpetee » July 23rd, 2013, 2:45 pm

Well then I thought the same thing, but actually, it takes a Tesla, at the standard charge rate (household power) 2 and 1/2 hrs which in my power bill is about 37 usd vs the 85~ usd I pay 2 get a full tank at the station. I see more and more stations now with this thing.called an "overcharge" station, which.on average charge at rates of 5 min, costing averages of 50-60 per recharge, cause power is easier obtained than oil with it's rising prices as well. And looking at overall payments, gas cars currently would in a yearly average; repair, feul, tires/wheels etc. gas cars have an average of 30~40k upkeep, and these electronic ones have an upkeep of 25~35k per year... Approx 5k left over... Soon oil companies wont b too useful once more of these "creatures" are implemented...

rocky1138

Post by rocky1138 » July 24th, 2013, 1:02 am

If you have a Tesla Model S, charging your car at an Overcharge is free.

AJpetee

Post by AJpetee » July 24th, 2013, 1:35 am

Well that proves the situation even more XD

Qedhup

Post by Qedhup » July 27th, 2013, 8:22 am

I know someone that has an electric car. Actually the charging isn't the pain in the ass people worry about. Frankly you have to drive quite a far distance to discharge the sucker. As long as you're plugging it in to charge every night for at least a few hours you'll never have to worry about it. It's less of a pain than a traditional car since it 'refuels' when you aren't using it, rather then spending time to drive it too a gas station.

Also many shopping centers around here now have places to plug electric cars in. This is something I hope to see more and more of.

I agree that this change can't come soon enough. Do I push for this because of lowered pollution? No, the extra electricity in some places causes the power plants to work harder and thus still pump out extra pollution (although not as much as a traditional cars worth).

I push for this because for those power plants that do rely on fuel sources of some kind, this opens the ability to explore alternate fuel sources OTHER then oil much more easy and with greater efficiency. Oil is a finite fuel source that is not being replenished any time soon. Just look at the price of gas and you'll realize why we need a change.

And for those that live in parts of the world like I do, where like 95% of your power is supplied through Hydro, Solar and Wind power. That means the pollution for cars practically disappears.

I'll give up the 'thrum of the engine' for not f'ing over our planet any day. I don't want to be one of 'those guys'.