Good News / Bad News

Discuss Qedhup's RoF Server Here!
Qedhup

Good News / Bad News

Post by Qedhup » May 13th, 2013, 12:34 pm

Good News: The Tekkit Server gets an additional 12 months of free game time courtesy of NFOServers.com

Bad News: The reason we just got that is that apparently some of NFOServer's hardware just died. Like hardcore died. The server, the backups. Everything wiped. It doesn't seem to have affected Xandorus as well (thankfully), which I believe is also hosted on NFOServers.

Unfortunately all the data (including the backups) for almost 50 servers were just lost and their company just took an image beating as a result.

I'm nearly in a rage right now. You guys have seen all the complex machines we've been making. All that work.

I'm not a happy camper...

Changes
OK! (ffs...) So since I had to start COMPLETELY fresh today... (sorry i'm just really frustrated). I figured lets go newer, bigger, better. Instead of an old version of Tekkit Classic like I was running. I have instead installed the newer Tekkit Server. It runs more stable and has a lot of awesome features too it. Including streamlining the science/industry stuff a shit ton. All the extra dimensional stuff (Mystcraft, Dimensional Doors, GalacticCraft) are all full implimented and (I assume) working.

So change your launcher type to Tekkit instead of Tekkit Classic. Use the standard release. Also they seem to have fixed the bug so you can use more than 1gb of ram without crashing (finally).

NFOServers also fucked something up with the default server port. They have no idea what went wrong and said it could take them a few days to fix. So I said screw it and used another port. The complete sever address is now qedhup.game.nfoservers.com:25564 do not use the default port of 25565.

So lets go visit us some dimensions and other worlds shall we!?!

*Side Note* - I'm not happy about this either. I was perfectly happy with the way things were going and made a shit ton of progress. I don't want to hear any complaining. There is nothing I can do about it.

*Edited* To remove copious amounts of frustrated swearing.

Qedhup

Re: Good News / Bad News

Post by Qedhup » May 13th, 2013, 12:37 pm

*facedesk* NFO may have changed the port back to 25565 on me? I dunno. 25564 suddenly stopped working, but 25565 let me connect.

*sigh*

rocky1138

Post by rocky1138 » May 13th, 2013, 4:50 pm

Aw! That sucks. But thankfully it didn't affect Hellblade Mobs. Man! I have no backups either as the files are probably in the hundreds of gigs by now.

Qedhup

Post by Qedhup » May 13th, 2013, 7:28 pm

I've loved NFOServers thus far. This is the first hiccup with them and I have a few friends that run servers from them from Mumble to game servers. I mean shit happens I guess.

ZeroYams

Post by ZeroYams » May 13th, 2013, 8:39 pm

This is why you should let us have torrents of the worlds...

AJpetee

Post by AJpetee » May 13th, 2013, 8:57 pm

GAWDFDGINGDAMMITAL... that is all
For every actionthere is reaction
Once the pin is pulled you get to watch it all disappear enjoy...

Maxus

Post by Maxus » May 13th, 2013, 10:30 pm

Too bad I have no knowledge on most of these mods :/

Time to research!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9GQ4Tmz74
CRUSH. KILL. DESTROY. SWAG.

rocky1138

Post by rocky1138 » May 13th, 2013, 11:07 pm

Suggestions on how I get the torrent data to you?

ZeroYams

Post by ZeroYams » May 14th, 2013, 12:16 am

rocky1138 wrote:Suggestions on how I get the torrent data to you?
I actually think that there's a mod that lets you download worlds from servers, and it would be a lot easier. So I guess my other post was kind of stupid. Ha!

5CookieMonster

Post by 5CookieMonster » May 14th, 2013, 12:44 am

Yep! Im pretty fed up with this! Dont expect to see me on too much or at all. Enjoyed the time here, but enough is enough.