Seriously...

Discuss Qedhup's RoF Server Here!
Qedhup

Seriously...

Post by Qedhup » May 1st, 2013, 4:19 pm

The server was having some issues and I wanted to figure out why. I did /spawn. Someone has made something nearby at the volcano that has caused so much issues i'm basically stuck.

Once again incompetence is crippling the server? Seriously!?! It's stuff like this that caused critical issues to begin with.

Someone needs too look up how to not make bad machines on the internet.

Fix it. Now.

*edit*
So I cleared the drops in a 500 radius near the troubled area. There were only a few things it cleared. Which means you guys have done something else to lag out the area. If it's not somehow fixed very soon, the entire area will be flattened.

Qedhup

Re: Seriously...

Post by Qedhup » May 1st, 2013, 4:52 pm

Problem solved. Maxus' infinite scrap machine has been demolished. Along with the rest of the volcano. There is a nice pleasant meadow where it used to be. All is well.

ibeevil

Post by ibeevil » May 1st, 2013, 5:26 pm

That was my home too and I didn't do anything. We're going to have a long chat about this, as in I'll be yelling at maxus in all caps.
Yay gifs

Qedhup

Post by Qedhup » May 1st, 2013, 5:59 pm

I know you didn't do anything. I'm sorry you had to lose your home. I hope you realize I didn't destroy the volcano as punishment or anything.

I tried everything i could to save it, but the area was so badly lagged that commands were starting to outright fail. It took some rather fancy world edit where I had to select a rough area and then shift it into what I thought was the right area.

A few condensers & chests looked relatively untouched, so not all is lost. Maxus asked for me to spawn him the machines back but I said no. It's not my job to go through and respawn stuff just because someone broke it. I cleaned up and i'm done.

However, don't be too harsh on Maxus. He didn't seem to realize how he should have built it. I already spoke with him and I think he's going to do a little more research on the proper way in the future.

Chalk it up to a learning experience I think. I made a similar mistake the first time I tried tekkit. It didn't go quite as critical as this, but it probably could have. Yelling at him won't make a difference. He also lost stuff and was definitely upset at the whole incident.

ibeevil

Post by ibeevil » May 1st, 2013, 6:18 pm

He's used a lot of machines, he should've known how to make something that simple. It's not real life, it's the Internet, where Maxus is yelled at for mistakes by Ethan and me. I'm still pissed though, that it was his fault, so he will build my turret of the castle since Internet yelling doesn't do shit.
Yay gifs

Qedhup

Post by Qedhup » May 1st, 2013, 9:17 pm

So there is still a leaky machine somewhere. The server is getting overloaded. I cleared out all drops and a ton were recorded to have been cleared. I tested by clearing it out every few seconds after that. It looks like an item is being dropped about every 4-5 seconds somewhere.

I know it's not petee or myself because we aren't up to making any sort of machines like that yet. All we really have going is a quarry and that is tied to more than enough storage that it won't get overloaded.

So someone somewhere has a leaking machine that is stressing the server.

I know everyone is used to just doing whatever they want within their rank limits because a normal minecraft server can't really be broken in such ways except by specific red-stone devices. But Tekkit is quite a bit more touchy than that. You guys have to be careful about what you build.

I don't want to start to have to do spot checks on the areas you're building in. I'd like to just leave you guys alone in peace to have fun. But we can't have fun if the server goes down. and I personally really REALLY don't want to have to do another map reset because someone found some broken configuration that broke the bloody thing again.

Please check your devices and fix it. I don't want to know who or what. Just make it go away.

TehCoreeyy

Post by TehCoreeyy » May 2nd, 2013, 10:05 am

I haven't started on the new map yet so its not me.

AJpetee

Post by AJpetee » May 2nd, 2013, 10:39 am

I think we know that much Corey...
For every actionthere is reaction
Once the pin is pulled you get to watch it all disappear enjoy...