Server Downtime

Discuss Qedhup's RoF Server Here!
Qedhup

Server Downtime

Post by Qedhup » April 29th, 2013, 7:37 am

There is a chance that the Tekkit server will be down for a little while today. I'll be editing the permissions and completing several maintenance tasks on the server. The following changes will be implemented:

Permissions: Permissions will be implemented. There will be two permission groups; Default and Builder. A few players may receive specific extra commands once that has been decided (such as the ability to set a player's group).

White List: The white list will be removed so that new users (with the default group) can log on to check the place out.

Removing World Anchors: Using MCEdit I will be removing all world anchors from the server. There are still too many even after several days for clean up. Although the server is much more stable (thanks to those that did do some clean up), it is still completely ridiculous.

World Anchor Placement: World Anchors will no longer be a place-able block to all users except myself and maybe one or two others. This way if we reach too many World Anchors again, I know who to blame.

Everything should be setup afterwards, but mistakes can sometimes be made. If you find you are having any permissions issue please let me know so I can fix it asap.

ibeevil

Re: Server Downtime

Post by ibeevil » April 29th, 2013, 12:53 pm

The permissions, for builder does /warp work? Also, I'm not asking for permissions to place the world anchors, but I would like to have one because I have 7 power flowers and I could place them in a line going up in one chunk so I'd only need one.
Yay gifs

Qedhup

Post by Qedhup » April 29th, 2013, 1:36 pm

Ok had some odd issues with tekkit and various permission plugins *sigh* But I did manage to do the following:

White List: The white list is still in place at the moment until I figure out what's conflicting.

World Anchors: World Anchors can now only be manually placed by someone that has been temporarily Opped. I'm in the middle of downloading the world file right now to edit out the existing world anchors. If you private message me a set of co-ordinates on the forum then I will make a world anchor for everyone as soon as I can. You won't have to worry about me messing with your stuff since I've already wiped myself clean and started anew elsewhere.

Do not worry about the materials needed to build the world anchor they shall all be free.

Commands: Players now have access to only the following commands:
- afk
- back (works onDeath as well)
- delhome
- help
- home
- ignore
- sethome
- spawn
- suicide
- tpa
- tpaccept
- tpahere
- tpdeny
- warp
- warp list

Qedhup

Post by Qedhup » April 29th, 2013, 4:50 pm

Well... that sucked.

Leaky crappy machines, clusters of world anchors and redstone devices I swear are just created to bung things up. These are the things that plagued what is supposed to be a relatively new map. Things that not only made the server go semi-critical over the past few days. But have made it virtually impossible to edit out some issues without crashing whatever i'm using to do so.

These are the reasons that map has just been reset.

I know many of you were against the map reset. And frankly since I accepted that and started putting a shit ton of hours into the little industrial village lately, I also am chagrined to reset the map. That's a ton of work we've all done. I don't even want to say how many hours I put into my old base as well.

The issue go pretty far back as well, so backdating the map won't even help.

But the server is properly setup now. All that needs to be done is tweaks on a couple of additional plugins, but that shouldn't affect anything greatly.

It's greatest growing pains are over. The appropriate failsafes are in place to protect the server against it's own players now. You shouldn't notice a great difference, but the server sure does!

If you decide you cannot abide a map reset and are to leave, please let me know. I can judge our populate better that way. To those that realize that shit happens and are willing to rebuild. Awesome. Throw me (privately) the co-ords of where you'd like to build and i'll setup one or more world anchors as you require them.

For those that like to use EE devices, I'll also start you off with an energy condenser and a couple of energy collectors. That should help get you back up and running pretty fast.