Yeah, lets DO IT.
40%
No
60%

Total votes: 5

Qedhup

Tekkit Server Fresh-up

Post by Qedhup » April 24th, 2013, 7:44 am

Ok after talking with a few people about the tekkit server it's seems one of the best way to ensure that we can all get into it is to make some changes. The newer people and those that lost interest because of the ease of EMC (apparently I'm not the only one) could probably use these changes but I would like to get peoples input before I just arbitrarily change facets of the tekkit server.

I do want to consider the Tekkit server an extension of the Hellblade Mobs community, and as a result want your input.

The following changes have been proposed:

Change: Install Lockette (or some similar mod)
Reason: It's just nice to have that option in a multiplayer server.

Change: Install Logblock
Reason: To assist in the discovery and restoration of griefing incidents.

Change: Deleting the white list.
Reason: Instead we'll have 2 ranks. Watcher (Default) and Crafter (accepted member). This way anyone can come on the server and at least see the projects you create, but only accepted members can actually do anything other than hang and chat. Watchers have to first prove themselves on Hellblade Mobs before they are allowed as a Crafter on the Tekkit server.

Change: Disable Equivalent Exchange
Reason: Equivalent Exchange is very broken. Even with the condensers removed the whole mod still feels a bit broken. It reaches the point (VERY QUICKLY) where you might as well just be playing in creative mode but with slightly more hassels. If it is disabled then people can focus more on the complex crafting and building that makes a survival world fun!

Change: Reset the world map.
Reason: With the disabling of Equivalent Exchange many players would be at a serious disadvantage compared to players who may have stockpiled certain resources through EMC methods. This is the one and only time the world map will ever get a reset.

*EDIT*
Change: Fly Mods would still be disabled.
Reason: I forgot about jetpacks. If you want to fly, make an electric or fuel powered jetpack.
*EDIT*

x_Kyle

Re: Tekkit Server Fresh-up

Post by x_Kyle » April 24th, 2013, 9:54 am

Flying rings are part of EE? I would agree with all of these changes except for the map reset, could you maybe just have an item reset or get rid of half of ever item?

AJpetee

Post by AJpetee » April 24th, 2013, 11:37 am

I agree with everything, mayhaps with a map restart we can do work in a close community and have every1 contribute with creations and projects. In response to Kyle, the matter is still at hand, equiv ruins the game cause no1 ever mines in tekkit, and tekkit is still minecraft... So I agree with everything but I refuse to use flying mod cause it still feels like cheating. PT has ur support.
For every actionthere is reaction
Once the pin is pulled you get to watch it all disappear enjoy...

Qedhup

Post by Qedhup » April 24th, 2013, 12:35 pm

To my knowledge I have no way of emptying all chests or storage devices around the map without resetting the map itself. Not to mention if I disable EE, all of the placed EE blocks that are left over (some with inventory of their own) can cause massive errors according to the research that i've done.

I can't properly disable Equivalent Exchange without resetting the map. That is the only reason I've even considered such a thing. Plus how do I know someone has not already built a fortress out of diamond block or something?

The rings (such as Swiftwolf's Rending Gale, Arcane Ring, etc...) are part of the Equivalent Exchange mod. As are alchemy bags, tome of alchemy and any Dark Matter or Red Matter tools.

I'll be honest the red matter tools are the only thing I'll miss. But once again, that makes life too easy so I won't miss them that much.

Maxus

Post by Maxus » April 24th, 2013, 4:02 pm

Qedhup wrote:Ok after talking with a few people about the tekkit server it's seems one of the best way to ensure that we can all get into it is to make some changes. The newer people and those that lost interest because of the ease of EMC (apparently I'm not the only one) could probably use these changes but I would like to get peoples input before I just arbitrarily change facets of the tekkit server.

I do want to consider the Tekkit server an extension of the Hellblade Mobs community, and as a result want your input.

I agree with those and ONLYthose. For reasons that are very obvious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9GQ4Tmz74
CRUSH. KILL. DESTROY. SWAG.

ibeevil

Post by ibeevil » April 24th, 2013, 4:06 pm

Qedhup wrote:

Change: Deleting the white list.
Reason: Instead we'll have 2 ranks. Watcher (Default) and Crafter (accepted member). This way anyone can come on the server and at least see the projects you create, but only accepted members can actually do anything other than hang and chat. Watchers have to first prove themselves on Hellblade Mobs before they are allowed as a Crafter on the Tekkit server.
I somewhat agree with the white list and somewhat don't but the rest quoted I like. To the ones I deleted, a simple thing is this video for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 2xkxFjFE#!
Also, EE being enabled is the only thing keeping me ON it.
Yay gifs

5CookieMonster

Post by 5CookieMonster » April 25th, 2013, 1:44 am

I agree with Maxus.

If Equivelent Excahnge is disabled and the world is reset, I will have lost all my hard work (took days and days) and so will har everyone else. Also, I will have to convert to science, which I hate, so if Equivelent Exchange is take out, then I'm quitting. For those who want to start over, just travel far out and make a new home and everything, like Sannity. It's dumb to reset the map for just a couple of people. Equivelant Exchange offers many great items and is a HUGE part of the game and will basically ruin the Tekkit experience. If you don't like the mod, don't use it. It's that simple. Another alternative is get the Multiverse plugin and make one new world w/o Equivelant Excahange. That way you get a new start too. It's a dumb idea to make everybody lose all their hardwork for a few people.

I can live with deleting the whitelist, but I don't think it's a good idea because of griefers.

*Edit*
I also agree with ibe. EE is the only thing that keeps me playing, basically. Science is too fucking complicated for most people, and makes the game much less enjoyable. If you want to do a classic survival map, go play regular MC. This is Tekkit. Don't ruin it.

Qedhup

Post by Qedhup » April 25th, 2013, 6:08 am

I guess having gone for Engineering and Physics in college really comes out in me. I'm not much for the easy mode that EE gives. I like a technical challenge that takes months to accomplish and actually challenges the mind.

However, this is an engineer's or scientist's point of view and I need to understand that not everyone thinks like this.

So I'm just going to leave everything as it is but with a few tweaks (like the requested plugins).

I am probably going to travel a great distance to create an industrial haven without the influence of EE.

Qedhup

Post by Qedhup » April 25th, 2013, 7:42 am

Step one complete: Bukkit Essentials has been implimented so we'll have warps!

they probably won't work for you yet (I haven't setup permissions for plugins really). as soon as I get everything else organized I'll get the permissions setup. way points are nice, but warps should make everyone's lives easier at least.

Qedhup

Post by Qedhup » April 25th, 2013, 11:22 am

Also i wanted to clarify I don't dislike the entirety of EE. actually it's only the energy condensers really. The rest of the mod is quite neat.