Discuss Qedhup's RoF Server Here!
TehCoreeyy

Re: Tekkit Server

Post by TehCoreeyy » April 14th, 2013, 1:38 pm

Yeah sounds good, thanks

Qedhup

Post by Qedhup » April 14th, 2013, 7:46 pm

x_Kyle and TehCoreeyy are both granted access to commands as of now. They are trusted on Hellblade mobs not to mis-use this power and thus will be granted on the Tekkit server as well. (for those that are still worried, I'll still have the log files for proof if it ever comes down to it).

they should be able to modify the whitelist in game with the /whitelist command. They can also do other admin style functions if it is required.

At the moment because of the limitations of this server there will be no moderators. Just a couple of people with extra powers to help manage things and that's it.

Qedhup

Post by Qedhup » April 15th, 2013, 12:29 am

I retract about granting x_Kyle and TehCoreeyy the previously stated powers. I've also revoked (for now) their white listed status. No need to get into details but they will not be joining us on the server for the moment.

Qedhup

Post by Qedhup » April 15th, 2013, 1:28 pm

Everything has been explained on all parts and the log files have been reviewed. There were some bad decisions mixed with a heap-load of misunderstandings. Those involved shall be re-whitelisted, but no powers given (quite yet). We don't really need it anywho.

My suggestion for you guys... apologies all around. Make a community, work together. Don't try and explain yourself, don't make excuses. Apologize, say you did wrong and you realize it and move on.

5CookieMonster

Post by 5CookieMonster » April 23rd, 2013, 1:17 am

Qedhup wrote:Since I am basically wanting to consider the Tekkit stuff an extension of the existing Hellblade Mobs server, X_Kyle and TehCorreey are both going to be gaining access to certain commands that no one else is going to be doing so. Such as editing the white-list. I will also be giving the privilege to edit the white-list to Party_Petee, but to be frank I don't really see him on the tekkit server again any time soon as we're working on projects on the main server.

I also would like a list here of the additional mods people want installed. I want to install as 'few as possible'. But there are a few people have asked for in the past.

So far I'll be installing a mod to check for griefing and a mod to allow doors/chests to be locked. Thankfully since Tekkit updates so rarely and is always behind in minecraft release points I don't have to worry about tinkering with the mods often.
OOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGG CAN WE GET TEH PORTAL GUN MOD?!?!?!?!?! Also the world downloader mod if possible? It would be fun to play on the world on single player. Also, another fun mod is the gun mod, but I suppose it's not needed because of Red Katars...

Qedhup

Post by Qedhup » April 23rd, 2013, 10:05 am

well I want to keep it to as few mod's a possible. Just things that will make the multiplayer tekkit more workable.

AJpetee

Post by AJpetee » April 23rd, 2013, 11:46 am

I should really get back on tekkit, I just don't no wat 2 build anymore... Cause I can't go anywhere with Newport until 1.6 cause rugs and actual horses
For every actionthere is reaction
Once the pin is pulled you get to watch it all disappear enjoy...

Qedhup

Post by Qedhup » April 23rd, 2013, 3:23 pm

It's fun, but things just felt too easy with much of the EMC stuff. I found I lost interest because of it. MIght as well just play creative at that point.

5CookieMonster

Post by 5CookieMonster » April 23rd, 2013, 7:15 pm

Petee, if you want something to do, you can help me build my kingdom's town of Hillshire. Go to spawn and you'll see this huge black castle. Then go behind it. You cant miss it. Its bigger than a freakin whale shark.

Sannitybuild

Post by Sannitybuild » April 23rd, 2013, 10:48 pm

I feel the same way about EE, its Way to overpowered... I think maybe, just suggesting, maybe a more updated version of Tekkit should be installed. Or maybe even goto FTB, from what ive heard the servers for FTB are much stabler and i know for a fact that the client runs better than tekkit.