PSASBR

If its not listed above then this is the place to talk about it.
ZeroYams

PSASBR

Post by ZeroYams » March 30th, 2013, 2:09 am

Better than ssbb by a landslide. I doubt anyone plays it, but I'm purple belt with a level 700+ Parappa.

#playingallstarsandskyrimbecausemycomputerisbrokenbutimsickofminecraftanyways

ibeevil

Re: PSASBR

Post by ibeevil » March 30th, 2013, 1:34 pm

You had no childhood if you think this Playstation Super Smash Bros. is better than the Nintendo one. I like it, but I'd never buy it, especially with the new SSB coming out for the 3ds. I grew up trying to own my brother as Bowser on Melee. Yea, Gamecube is still one of my favorite consoles. Kirby Air Ride, SSBM, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, etc.
Yay gifs

ZeroYams

Re: PSASBR

Post by ZeroYams » March 30th, 2013, 8:26 pm

ibeevil wrote:You had no childhood if you think this Playstation Super Smash Bros. is better than the Nintendo one. I like it, but I'd never buy it, especially with the new SSB coming out for the 3ds. I grew up trying to own my brother as Bowser on Melee. Yea, Gamecube is still one of my favorite consoles. Kirby Air Ride, SSBM, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, etc.
Ssbb was a part of my child hood, and I still play it today, but you cannot argue that it is better. Yeah, it's more happy go lucky, and you can build your own stages, but what else is there that's superior?

In allstars, dlc is constantly being released which keeps the game fresh, while with brawl the only variety you have is creating stages. I would say ssbb is more of a kid friendly and easy to play game, while allstars takes more skill. In smash all you have to do for and easy kill or win is just build up their damage and then use a smash attack. You can hide and run the whole game and still have a chance of winning. While with PSASBR, you have to be in the game at all times or you can never win. KOing someone actually requires you to fight in allstars, while in smash you can have someone else build up their damage then you run in and take them out. Super attacks are actually useful in allstars because everyone has easy access to them, while in brawl they take a long time to get and sometimes don't even get you a kill.

All the characters in allstars are extremely different with no clone characters (unless you count good and evil Cole McGrath as clones) and a third of brawls cast is clones. All characters in allstars are balanced (with the exception of Kratos) and brawl has some characters who are far more challenging to face (Sonic, MK, etc.).

And the allstars roster actually is what it's meant to be; the allstars of Sony/playstation. Even if and old character like Abe or Crash isn't in there yet, they still have a shot because dlc is released frequently. Smash is meant to have the stars of Nintendo, but this was killed by many character choices (Jigglypuff and THIRD FUCKING PARTIES >.>). If Nintendo really wants their stars, why not do something like they did with Pit; bring bak a dead character like Balloon Fighter, Excite Biker, or Duck Hunt Dog. Even if they don't seem like they work move set wise, they probably could figure something out. Sony used Parappa the Rapper which is just a rhythm game, and fat princess who is just a flag I. Her game.

I'm bored lmao.