Dota 2 Items

Games you've built, mods you've made, ideas you've got.
Qedhup

Dota 2 Items

Post by Qedhup » May 11th, 2013, 5:53 pm

I've not really been playing minecraft for the past bit. In fact i've played much less in the way of video games lately period. For those that play with me and wonder why, I present to you the work in progress of a new Dota 2 item I'm working on.

I'm not as quick at this as some of the pro. I could probably do it in a single day if I really worked at it, but don't have the time.

- - - - - - -

Original Concept Art of the Harpsi-Kill

Here is the base model I created. All I had left to do at this point were a few tweaks and consolidate the parts into a single item mesh. The handle and mountings took about an hour (maybe less). The blade took almost another hour of work in total (maybe more). I then spent another hour tweaking and looking for little errors. I haven't modeled like this in quite some time. I'm sure once I start getting back into the swing of things I can probably pump out items way faster.

Showing where I had to fix some N-Gons that I had forgotten. Now it's all proper Poly's and Tri's

Size Comparisons of the character and his default weapon. Looks like I have the grips in the same spots and the size should be perfect.

Finished my LEAST favorite part of modeling; unwrapping the UV(W)'s... At least this was a relatively simple model to unwrap.

The next steps are to do the following maps:

1) Colour Map
2) Normal Map
3) Mask 1 (R - Detail Map, G - Diffuse/Fresnel Mask, B - Metalness, A - Self- Illumination)
4) Mask 2 (R - Specular Intensity, G - Rimlight Intensity, B - Tint Spec by Base, A - Specular Exponent)

Then I just have to realign the UV Island, situate the Weapon in the correct location to the base character model and then link it to the correct bone.

I'll link some more pics as I complete it further.

5CookieMonster

Re: Dota 2 Items

Post by 5CookieMonster » May 15th, 2013, 1:20 am

This is pretty cool. Great job. Keep it up. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Qedhup

Re: Dota 2 Items

Post by Qedhup » May 24th, 2013, 7:16 pm

After taking a short break (due to tons of work lately, mixed with too many games side-tracking me), I have resumed my dota 2 items project.

As you can see from the picture below, I am mostly done with the colour maps. Almost ready to submit the sucker!