[Builder] World 2 Castle

Got a group build planned? Want in on one in-progress? Get together here.
undertone

[Builder] World 2 Castle

Post by undertone » May 30th, 2011, 8:35 pm

I've been working quietly on my own on a large castle near World 2's spawn, regardless of how defaced I know it'll get as soon as some fool griefer sees it. If anyone is interested in helping the project along let me know and I'll give you a task. Currently I have an extensive dungeon planned that'll sit underneath the castle, as well as some traps so anyone who isn't welcome will get a face full of arrow and maybe a lathering of lava.

rocky1138

Re: [Builder] World 2 Castle

Post by rocky1138 » May 30th, 2011, 9:51 pm

Actually, since this is part of World 2 you could change the title to be [Visitor]. Users from that usergroup have the ability to build in World 2.

undertone

Post by undertone » May 30th, 2011, 11:08 pm

Yeah, I just feel that because most of the material will be stone or obsidian, rather than cobble or wood it would be best to only be recruiting builders to work on the project. I'd feel bad if people were harvesting all these resources for the castle only for them to get ruined by the inevitable griefer attack.

gcarn

Post by gcarn » May 31st, 2011, 9:21 am

Ill help out a bit with it, I've got that u shaped house with a half built mega man very close by to it.

undertone

Post by undertone » May 31st, 2011, 1:56 pm

Ah I saw the megaman forming. I was wondering who was doing that :)

gcarn

Post by gcarn » June 2nd, 2011, 8:14 am

It was mine yes, but I'm going to bail on any world 2 buildings unless some kind of build protection is in place.

Ive un-griefed that place 4 days in a row, including someone replacing a bunch of the mega man with a giant FUCK in glowstone, and a note saying its not griefed, its nicer.

People seem to be drawn to stealing my glowstone celing, same with the other glass / glowstone house i have on world 2.. griefed daily.

So that castle will crumble to nothing, and Ill continue to build in world 0 where it wont get destroyed on a daily basis

undertone

Post by undertone » June 2nd, 2011, 1:50 pm

Well I think I'm going to reinforce the entire outside wall with obsidian. And the lake with lava. I see the griefers as a challenge, rather than an aspect to turn me off of world2.

undertone

Post by undertone » June 3rd, 2011, 2:10 pm

And now I look like a fool because I gave up last night.